Welcome to Avalon Grove!
Avalon Grove is an unconventional Celtic Christian house church located in Weaverville in the mountains of North Carolina. We are located about a fifteen minute drive from downtown Asheville.
We meet eight times a year to honor the ancient Celtic holidays. We meet outdoors when weather permits and indoors when it is cold or rainy.
We see God as our loving Mother and Father, and we follow Christ as our savior. We believe God's love holds the key to living a happier life.We also love and honor Mother Earth for the gift of life she gives to us all. We honor and respect her beloved children in all their infinite varieties.
We have had frequent contact with Faeries since 1997, which has significantly influenced our religious beliefs. Because of this, although we use the term Celtic Christian to describe our church, our services are much less formal than you would find at traditional Celtic Christian churches.
Visitors of all faiths and genders are welcome at our services. We hope those who attend will discover new ways to integrate Celtic spirituality into their daily lives in today's changing world.
- Sun, Feb 1, 3:00 pm - Imbolc . . Brighid's Day . . Brigantia . . Candlemas
- Sat, Mar 21, 3:00 pm - Spring (Vernal) Equinox . . Ostara . . Alban Eiler ("Light of the Earth") . . Easter . . St. Patrick's Day
- Sat, May 2, 3:00 pm - Beltaine . . May Day
- Sun, Jun 21, 3:00 pm - Summer Solstice . . Litha . . Alban Heruin ("Light of the Shore")
- Sat, Aug 1, 3:00 pm - Lughnasadh . . Lammas . . Assumption of Mary
- Sun, Sep 20, 3:00 pm - Autumn Equinox . . Mabon . . Alban Elued ("Light of the Water")
- Sat, Oct 31, 3:00 pm - All Hallows Eve . . Halloween . . Samhain . . All Saints' Day . . All Souls' Day . . Celtic New Year
- Sun, Dec 20, 3:00 pm - Winter Solstice . . Christmas . .Yule . . Alban Arthuan ("Light of Arthur")
We hope you will join us soon for a holiday service.